The devolution of English language and slothful c.l.p behaviors exposed!

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 00:19:30 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> In the
> same way that a native English speaker would never make the mistake of
> using "organ" to refer to an unnamed mechanical device, so she would
> never use "gadget" to refer to an unnamed body part.

I dunno... every Sunday I press keys on a keyboard at church, and I'm
pretty sure that's a mechanical device. Well, electrical and
mechanical, but not living.

But that's another specific meaning, and it would be equally incorrect
to call that a gadget as to call my lung one.

ChrisA