PyWart: Python regular expression syntax is not intuitive.

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 18:44:35 EST 2012

On Jan 25, 5:28 pm, Devin Jeanpierre <jeanpierr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps you should perform some experiments to prove intuitiveness [of your syntax]?

I've posted my thoughts and my initial syntax. You (and everyone else)
are free to critic or offer suggestions of your own. Listen, none of
these issues that plague Python are going to be resolved until people
around here set aside the grudges and haughty arrogance. We need to
get to work. But step one is NOT writing code. Step one is to gather
the community into lively discussion on these crucial topics. And the
folks who really want to get involved are not going to speak up unless
the rhetoric is toned down a bit.

> Science is more convincing than insults.

I can assure you my intentions are not to insult. My blanket
observations is that the current Python re syntax is not intuitive
enough for Python, and that we can make it better.