The devolution of English language and slothful c.l.p behaviors exposed!

Jérôme jerome at jolimont.fr
Tue Jan 24 03:21:37 EST 2012

Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:57:16 -0800 (PST)
Rick Johnson a écrit:

> "Pretty" is the most ludicrous of them all! As you will see, "pretty"
> is used superfluously, over and over again! In fact, you could safely omit
> "pretty" without sacrificing any meaning of most all the sentences that
> include the word "pretty".

And so... ?

> Likewise, in 99% of the examples, the word "difficult" can be substituted
> for the word "hard" without sacrificing any meaning.

I seriously doubt that. Did you even read the output of your grep of was that
an automatic e-mail ?

> Same for "correct" and "right".

Well... no.

Again, read your own grep before posting it. In fact, don't post it at all.

> Of course, "used to" and "supposed to" will require people to rethink there
> lazy and slothful ways.

I don't even see the problem with those...

As someone already said, english is a foreign language to a lot of us. While
we're doing our best to make ourselves understood, your attitude can be seen
as quite rude. (Does "quite" fit right as a "pretty" replacement ?)

Or merely, it could. If it wasn't just ridiculous.

Now for the fun part, try to apply the substitutions you suggested on your
own grep. It is so full of false-positives it does a good job proving you
wrong.

> [...]
> | the docs) that's the "RIGHT" idea.
> |
> | 36 is out: openopt: now solver interalg can handle all
> | types of constraints and integration problems some minor
> | improvements and code cleanup funcdesigner: interval
> | analysis now can involve min, max and 1-d monotone splines
> | r -r of 1st and 3rd order some bugfixes and improvements
> | spacefuncs: some minor changes derapproximator: some
> | improvements for obtaining derivatives in points from r^n
> | where left or "RIGHT" derivative for a variable is absent,
> | especially for stencil 1 see http://openopt.
> |
> | Am i looking in the "RIGHT" place or did they just not get
> | installed?
> |
> | __getattribute__(name) "RIGHT" thanks a lot it works
> | perfectly.
> |
> | Waiting = true so my real question is: am i on the "RIGHT"
> | track here, and am i correct in my guess that the kernel
> | is reporting different status codes to subprocess.
> |
> | I just resolved it and yes you are "RIGHT" there was a
> | (hidden) new-line to it.
> |
> | If you require a 1:1 correspondence between your code and
> | your pseudo-code specification, then maybe python isn't
> | the "RIGHT" language for this task.
> |
> | If you want to interpret it as meaning that cats are
> | yamlafiables, go "RIGHT" ahead.
> |
> | Orgon 9/11/2011 7:46 am, tigerstyle wrote: thank you
> | terry, i went for this solution as it was the easiest for
> | me to understand and comment myself keeping in mind what
> | level i am at "RIGHT" now.
> |
> | Check out the art we're digging "RIGHT" now and what's on
> | our gotta-hang-it list.
> |
> | If you really fear rogue, or malicious, scripts, perhaps
> | python is not the "RIGHT" language for this task.
> |
> | My reason for wanting to do it 'in the same script' was
> | that i also have another library that intercepts calls to
> | matplotlib's show(), so i could ultimately create a pdf
> | containing the script with figures interjected at the
> | "RIGHT" place.
> |
> | "you are right" and i am right, and you are right, and all
> | is "RIGHT" as "RIGHT" can be!
> |
> | This time, on the upper "RIGHT" corner of the rejection
> | page, i saw the following message: "your registration
> | violated our anti-spam filter.
> |
> | If | i neither disable buffering nor manually flush after
> | each print, the | program just hangs instead of printing
> | "RIGHT" away.
> |
> | I play a lot of flash games, and "RIGHT" now i'm playing
> | one that has coped poorly with a miniature slashdotting.
> |
> | The map() function is very similar to a generator
> | expression, but it can iterate over multiple iterables at
> | once: list(map(lambda x,y: x+y,[1,2,3],[40,50,60])) [41,
> | 52, 63] note how the lambda keeps the code "RIGHT" there,
> | whereas a def would separate it out.
> |
> | Yellow)        # the "RIGHT" window line((x + 60, y + 71),
> | (x + 80, y + 71), color=color.
> |
> | It is like the fortran example (just to show the syntax,
> | has an infinite loop), everyone can understand that
> | "RIGHT" away, even non fortran people: 10 loop1: do i=1,3

There's to much of it. I'm stopping here.

Perhaps should you difficult-code some subsitution strings in your mail
client, as of correct now.

Have a nice day, guys.

---> []

--