Trouble with internationalized path under windows

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 15:52:00 EST 2012

On Jan 22, 2:08 pm, Jacob Hallén <jacob.hal... at sotospeak.se> wrote:

> If I store these two files  in say C:\Users\Admin\test everything works fine.
>
> If I store them in C:\Users\Admin\testф, I get an import error when running
> foo.py. The letter at the end of test is a Russian "F", if it looks strange on
> your terminal.

If *only* i had a penny for every problem that Unicode caused... maybe
i could i buy a 76,000 sqft mansion, because, people should not be
forced to sleep in the same room twice!

Unicode is just another Utopian nightmare. When will the lemmings
realize that character encoding IS NOT the root of the problem? You
will NEVER find the holy grail of encodings that will solve the
collaborative issue because the PROBLEM is multiplicity! Self induced!