PyWarts: time, datetime, and calendar modules

Devin Jeanpierre jeanpierreda at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 15:11:31 EST 2012

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> THAT PISSES ME OFF!!! >:( We should never be forced to guess if a name
> is a callable or a variable!
>
> So how do we solve this dilemma you ask??? Well, we need to "mark"
> method OR variable names (OR both!) with syntactic markers so there
> will be NO confusion.

I might be being bit OT, but, you should give Common Lisp a try. It
does something similar for functions versus variables.

As for the issue, I suppose I can see how this would be confusing. I
don't agree with your solution, though. I happen to like the
interchangeability of the different sorts of attributes, so that
x.foo() can be a method call, a classmethod call, or a call on a
function that is an attribute.

-- Devin