How to support a non-standard encoding?

Ivan Uemlianin ivan at llaisdy.com
Fri Jan 6 09:03:56 EST 2012

Dear Tim

Thanks for your help.

 > If your system version of iconv contains that encoding, ...

Alas, it doesn't:

     $ iconv -l |grep 6937
     $

Also, I'd like to package the app so other people could use it, so I
wouldn't want to depend too much on the local OS.

Best wishes

Ivan

On 06/01/2012 13:47, Tim Wintle wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-01-06 at 10:03 +0000, Ivan wrote:
>> Dear All
>>
>> I'm developing a python application for which I need to support a
>> non-standard character encoding (specifically ISO 6937/2-1983, Addendum
>> 1-1989).
>
> If your system version of iconv contains that encoding (mine does) then
> you could use a wrapped iconv library to avoid re-inventing the wheel.
>
> I've got a forked version of the "iconv" package from pypi available
> here:
>
> <https://github.com/timwintle/iconv-python>
>
> .. it should work on python2.5-2.7
>
> Tim

Ivan A. Uemlianin
Llaisdy

                     ivan at llaisdy.com
                      www.llaisdy.com
                          llaisdy.wordpress.com
               github.com/llaisdy
                      www.linkedin.com/in/ivanuemlianin

     "Froh, froh! Wie seine Sonnen, seine Sonnen fliegen"
                      (Schiller, Beethoven)