Spamming PyPI with stupid packages

Felinx Lee felinx.lee at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 06:03:25 EST 2012

Hi guys,

I am the author of girlfriend module, a serious Python programmer.
This project is nothing about sexist or racism,
it is just a joke, a famous joke in China, please be cool down.

And now, I have removed money, car, house packages from PyPi,
and remove their dependences in girlfriend module, the website is also
updated.
The girlfriend module just depends on workhard module now.
I will remove girlfriend module forever if you still think it is a spam or
illegal.

I'm sorry for that I abused the PyPi, but I should say again that it is
nothing about sexist or racism as you assumption.

Felinx Lee

On 1/1/12 10:18 PM, Matt Chaput wrote:

> Someone seems to be spamming PyPI by uploading multiple stupid packages.
> Not sure if it's some form of advertising spam or just idiocy.
>
> Don't know if we should care though... maybe policing uploads is worse
> than cluttering PyPI's disk space and RSS feed with dumb 1 KB packages.
>
> girlfriend 1.0.1        10      A really simple module that allow everyone
>> to do "import girlfriend"
>> girlfriends 1.0 4       Girl Friends
>> car 1.0 2       Car, a depended simple module that allow everyone to do
>> "import girlfriend"
>> house 1.0       2       House, a depended simple module that allow
>> everyone to do "import girlfriend"
>> money 1.0       2       Money, a depended simple module that allow
>> everyone to do "import girlfriend"
>> workhard 1.0    2       Keep working hard, a depended simple module that
>> allow everyone to do "import girlfriend"

I'm betting on a joke, like antigravity only significantly less funny and
more sexist. The author is a legitimate Python programmer, and the links go
to his blog where he talks about Python stuff.

 https://bitbucket.org/felinx

You can tell him that you don't appreciate his abuse of PyPI here if you
like:

 http://feilong.me/2012/01/**python-import-girlfriend<http://feilong.me/2012/01/python-import-girlfriend>

--
Robert Kern

 that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it
had
 an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco

--
What can change the nature of a man?(Planescape Torment)
http://feilong.me            Felinx Lee's Blog (Chinese Only)