Patching CGIHTTPServer.py

Giovanni Funchal gafunchal at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 17:48:53 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

I was fiddling around with CGIHTTPServer.py --- a very handy module
for quickly setting up a full HTTP server with CGI support --- when I
noticed that it doesn't support responses other than "200 OK". So, for
instance if your page wants to do a redirect (response 303), it just
isn't supported. I think this is a major drawback that can be easily
overcome and I'd very happily contribute that as an enhancement.

But... I'm new to Python and as a matter of fact web programming as a
whole isn't really my specialty. I was thinking that maybe someone
could spend half an hour looking at my solution and help raising it's
quality to the level I can submit it as a patch proposal.

Cheers,
-- Giovanni