Trouble getting Python 2.7.2 to recognize Tk in Scientific Linux Release 6

Jeffrey Wise wise_jeff at verizon.net
Wed Jan 4 20:30:51 EST 2012

Hi,

I've been a python user for a long time - on Windows, but now I'm working on
a Linux system.  I'm having trouble getting python to include Tk in it's
build.  My Tcl/Tk is in a non-standard location (I don't want to interfere
with the Python 2.6 installation - that does include Tk until I have 2.7.2
running fully.  I've read everything I can find about installing python in
Linux, but to no avail.

Can someone give me some advice on which file(s) to edit, "configure"
arguments to add, etc.?

Thanks!
...Jeff