use CTRL+L for clearing the screen

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Feb 29 06:39:22 EST 2012

Jabba Laci <jabba.laci at gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to add a clear screen feature, which would be activated
> with CTRL+L. How to do that?
> Another thing: raw_input waits until <Enter> but I'd like to clear the
> screen at the moment when CTRL+L is pressed.

That sounds like a job for the standard library ‘readline’ module
<URL:http://docs.python.org/library/readline.html>, an interface to the
widely-used C library of the same name on free operating systems.

--
 \         “We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!” |
  `\    —Vroomfondel, _The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy_, Douglas |