[RELEASED] Release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Feb 27 16:30:03 EST 2012

Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> writes:

> Ben Finney <ben+python <at> benfinney.id.au> writes:
> >
> > Putting “RELEASED” in the subject, when they're not released and are
> > instead *candidates for* release, is confusing and muddies the issue of
> > what you even mean by “release”.
> >

> {alpha, beta, release candidate, final} \subsetof releases

So you've chosen to muddy what is meant by “release” in announcements to
the public. That's disappointing, but thank you for acknowledging it.

I appreciate the work that goes toward releases of Python, but I do wish
you'd use clear terminology in announcements.

--
 \         “If history and science have taught us anything, it is that |
  `\     passion and desire are not the same as truth.” —E. O. Wilson, |