Please verify!!

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 15:41:39 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:20 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> Personally, I prefer tabs for theoretical reasons and spaces for
> practical ones. I think that the world would be better off if we all
> standardised on tabs instead of spaces, but since that's not going to
> happen, I can interoperate better with the mass of broken tools out
> there, and with other people, by using spaces.

At work, since we have a fairly small core of developers, we
standardized on tabs - mainly because of a couple of devs who
disagreed on how much indentation looked right (I'm of the opinion
that 1 space is insufficient), and having tab characters in the file
allows us to configure our editors differently. I'm definitely in
favour of using tabs where possible, but if you can't close your
environment, spaces are far safer.

ChrisA