[pyxl] xlrd 0.7.2 released!

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Feb 22 08:22:45 EST 2012

On 22/02/2012 00:37, python-excel at raf.org wrote:
> was good for previous versions. two reasons that spring to mind
> immediately are:
>
>   - it makes it much easier to tell what version is installed
>   - it makes it much easier to uninstall the package
>
> i know that both of these are things that the python community
> does not yet seem to find useful but everyone else seems to.

That's because it's no longer best practice to polute the global python
installation by installing packages directly into it.

The recommended wisdom nowadays is to use a virtualenv and then pip
install the package.

I believe that will give you everything you need, please explain if it
doesn't.

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk