[OT]: Smartphones and Python?

88888 Dihedral dihedral88888 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 17 23:51:32 EST 2012

在 2012年2月18日星期六UTC+8上午9时51分13秒,Michael Torrie写道:
> On 02/16/2012 10:25 PM, 88888 Dihedral wrote:
> > Android is a customized linux OS used in mobile phones. I don't think
> > any linux systm has to be locked by JAVA or any JVM to run
> > applications.
>
> Getting waaayyyy off topic here, but...
>
> I guess you aren't familiar with what Android is (which is ironic, given
> that a lot of people on this list think you must be one!).  Android is
> not simply a customized linux distribution.  It's a special application
> environment (an OS in its own right) that is based on the Dalvik virtual
> machine.  Dalvik does depend on the Linux kernel to talk to the
> hardware, but Linux very much is not a part of Android, at least from

Android is a Linux OS kernal plus a  virtual machine  which supports GUI  services  and a JIT compiler in law suites charged by Oracles now.

A different set of shell tool to write some  AP is not
a new OS.

It can be called a new IDE which supports manny services not well maintained by the  free linux
contributors in a loosely unorganized way.

> the developers' and end users' points of view.  Linux is just not a part
> of the user experience at all.  It is true that Dalvik can call into
> native linux code, but native linux applications typically aren't a part
> of the Android user experience.
>
> Thus you can't just install any JVM on android.  Thus cpython or jython
> just isn't part of it.  For one I don't know of any sun-compatible JVM
> that has been ported to ARM.  For two, there aren't any hooks into the
> Android UI APIs even if you could get it running.
>
> Android is even being ported to the QNX kernel by the Blackberry folks,
> so they can have android compatibility on next-generation blackberries
> that run their own native OS.
>
> > The memory systems in mobile phones are different from PCs. This is
> > the current situation in the consumer electronics sector.
>

> I do not understand what you are saying, or at least why you are saying
> this.  But I don't understand most of your posts.

You can use VMware like techniques to emulate another OS
to support AP of different formats. This is not new at
all.