OT: Entitlements [was Re: Python usage numbers]

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 20:37:41 EST 2012

On Feb 13, 7:37 pm, Chris Angelico <ros... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Rick Johnson
>
> <rantingrickjohn... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > # Py>=3.0
> > py> sum(earner.get_income(2012) for earner in earners2012) /
> > len(earners2012)
> > average_income
>
> > Once you exceed that amount you are robbing your fellow man. How can
> > you justify making more than your fair share UNLESS someone offers
> > their work load to YOU? You can't. You are living in excess. And for
> > those who think the average_income is too small, well then, it's time
> > to implement population control!
>
> My equation looks something like this:
>
> # Brain >= 0,1
> brain> Your contribution to society / Society's contribution to you
>
> This value should be able to exceed 1.0 across the board. In fact, if
> it doesn't, then as a society we're moving backward.

Are we talking about money or deeds? If deeds then i agree, if money
then i disagree.

A society is NOT made better by contributing money. Who does the money
go to? History has shown that money ends up being wasted, that money
ends up being squandered, and that money ends up empowering tyranny!

However

A society IS improved when good deeds and good wills are injected by
the individual. We should ALWAYS invest more good deeds and expect
less. So in this case we should ALWAYS exceed 1.0.