OT: Entitlements [was Re: Python usage numbers]

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Fri Feb 17 15:09:53 EST 2012

>> They also don't need to put up with people who aren't seriously ill - I
>> don't know how long your private appointments are, but here in the UK a
>> standard doctor's appointment is 5-10 minutes. If they decide you're
>> actually ill they may extend that.

>Five to ten minutes? Is the doctor an a-hole or a machine? Can a
>doctor REALLY diagnose an illness in five to ten minutes? Are you
>joking? And if not, do you ACTUALLY want the experience to be
>synonymous with an assembly line? You don't fear misdiagnosis? I envy
>your bravery!

Actually, I find that (5-10 minutes of doctor time) completely true even in
America. The difference is that I spend 30-60minutes waiting to be called,
then another 5min with a nurse for pre-doctor stuff (blood pressure,
why I am there, etc), finally another 5 minutes with the nurse for
any necessary post-doctor work (drawing blood, shots, etc.). My total
doctor talking time is really 5-10 minutes. Of course, if I was sick in an unusual
way then the doctor would see me for longer, but the average doctor
tends to see the same couple dozen things over and over.

This is true for every doctor I can remember, but YMMV.

Ramit

712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002
work phone: 713 - 216 - 5423