XSLT to Python script conversion?

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu Feb 16 12:17:13 EST 2012

On 15.2.2012 18:48, Tim Arnold wrote:
> Just a note to encourage you to stick with XSLT. I also use lxml for
> creating and postprocessing my DocBook documents and it is great. But I
> use the DocBook XSL stylesheets to convert to html; if you're like me,
> you got discouraged at the strangeness of the XSLT language.

No, the strangness is not that bad (well, it is bad ... almost anything
feels bad comparing to Python, to be honest, but not the reason I would
give up; after all I spent couple of years with Javascript).

The terrible debugging is one thing, and even worse, I just still cannot
get over rules around spaces: whitespace just jumps at me randomly in
random places and is erased in others.

Matěj