Python usage numbers

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Wed Feb 15 04:56:12 EST 2012

Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com> writes:

> Slightly less flameish answer to the question “What should I do,
> really?” is a tough one: all these suggested answers are bad because
> they don’t deal with the fact, that your input data are obviously
> broken. The rest is just pure GIGO …

Well, sure, but it happens that input data is broken and not fixable.
For example, I did a little program to display email headers like the
old frm that was bundled with elm, only with support for MIME decoding
of the headers. Obviously lots of email software is still completely
broken regarding MIME and also multi-line headers. However, something
useful can still be extracted from that broken data.

> BTW, can you display the following line?
>
> Příliš žluťoučký kůň úpěl ďábelské ódy.

Looks fine to me. You used an ellipsis too above. Well, I don't know
what it shold look like exactly. Lots of accents. Hmm, Google says it
means "The quick brown fox cried too lazy"? Seems appropriate :) BTW, I'm
sending this via Usenet, I wonder what happens in the mail-news gateway?