Numeric root-finding in Python

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Feb 12 17:53:15 EST 2012

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 13:52:48 +0000, Robert Kern wrote:

> I don't have any advice for fixing your code, per se, but I would just
> grab mpmath and use their lambertw function:

That's no fun!

I'd never see mpmath before, it looks like it is worth investigating.
Nevertheless, I still intend working on my lambert function, as it's a
good learning exercise.

I did look into SciPy's lambert too, and was put off by this warning in
the docs:

"In some corner cases, lambertw might currently fail to converge"

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/
scipy.special.lambertw.html

Naturally I thought "I can do better than that". Looks like I can't :)

--
Steven