Disable use of pyc file with no matching py file

Brian not_here at no-where.net
Sun Feb 12 13:53:56 EST 2012

On 2/2/2012 1:21 AM, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 2/2/2012 1:42 AM, Devin Jeanpierre wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Terry Reedy<tjreedy at udel.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> And it bothers me that you imput such ignorance to me. You
>>> made what I think
>>> was a bad analogy and I made a better one of the same type,
>>> though still
>>> imperfect. I acknowledged that the transition will take years.
>>
>> Ah. It is a common attitude among those that make these sorts of
>> comments about Python 3, and I hadn't read anything in what
>> you said
>> that made me think that you were considering more than the
>> superficial
>> costs of moving.
>
> I thought '95% in 10 years' would be a hint that I know
> upgrading is not trivial for every one ;-).
>
>> I am sorry that I did not give you the benefit of the doubt.
>
> Apology accepted.

This is OT, but relevant to the side discussion. Also note that
the community respects and appreciates the T.J. Reedy
contributions and hard work.

Reality. It was a monumental task to convert ATE driver dev and
related factory automation stuff from C to Python starting in
2000. Most was done guerrilla-style. My employer now appreciates
the resultant infrastructure that even the Mexico factory
engineering team can use, and is good for their pride because
they are no longer totally dependent on gringo engineers.

Am currently being disruptive to their little world with my
recent (1Q 2011) switch to 3.x. The corporate natives are
restless and there is talk of an armed insurrection. Humans, at
the tribal level, do not adapt to change. Expect a long series
of battles that are ruthless, bloody, and have a high body
count. Vive la Revolution.