ldap proxy user bind

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 22:35:33 EST 2012

On 02/11/2012 02:19 PM, sajuptpm wrote:
> Hi Michael Ströder,
> Thanks for replay
>
> Yea i am not totally clear about that
>
> Client's Requirement is
> option to have a ldap proxy user bind to the ldap server if it needs
> more directory rights than an anonymous bind.
> option to use a ldap proxy user when searching.

I wrote a true LDAP proxy server last year that intercepts and rewrites
requests (bind, search, modify, etc).  I used as my basis the LDAP proxy
server that ships with Python-Twisted.  Unfortunately I cannot share my
code with you, but if you can get your head wrapped around Twisted (it's
*extremely* hard to understand how it works at first), then this is the
way to go.