unicode printing on Windows

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Feb 9 13:21:53 EST 2012

On 2/9/2012 5:46 AM, BlueBird wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The question is not totally related to Python but there is a strong
> connection. Everytime that I try to debug some python programs under
> Windows, I encounter the issue that things printed on the console
> simply break the program because :
> 1. My windows console does not support UTF8

The IDLE shell (now) is friendlier to unicode, supporting the entire
BMP. So you may have more success loading into an IDLE editor and
running from there with F5. Or perhaps execfile in the shell (I never
tried this). Of course, import and pdb in the shell work. This all
depends on what 'debugging' means to you.

> Important information : I am using Python 2.5

I don't know if IDLE was different then.

--
Terry Jan Reedy