Komodo 7 release (Python development tools)

Rod Person rodperson at rodperson.com
Thu Feb 9 07:45:56 EST 2012

On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 16:52:50 -0500
Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

> On 2/8/2012 3:14 PM, Todd Whiteman wrote:
>
> > My name is Todd. I'm the lead developer for Komodo IDE (Interactive
> > Development Environment) and Komodo Edit (a free, open-source
> > editor) at ActiveState. I wanted to announce that the newest
> > version, Komodo 7, has been released:
>
> This is a pretty good release announcement, but a few questions.
>  >    http://www.activestate.com/komodo-ide/python-editor
>
> It would seem that the Professional Python Editor is the same as
> Komodo Edit, but it is unclear why only Python editing would be
> featured for Komodo IDE.
>
> http://www.activestate.com/komodo-edit
>
> is the page with the link people need to download just the editor.
>
> Does K.Edit let me run a program with one key, like F5 in IDLE?
> If so, does it leave me in interactive mode (python -i) as IDLE does?

I'm not an ActiveState employee, but I have used Komodo IDE since
version 4, on FreeBSD and Windows. The selling point of the IDE is
definitely the interactive python debugger which isn't in the editor.

It also supports more than python, just in case for some old reason
you'd find the need to write Perl, Ruby or TCL code.

Rod Person  http://www.rodperson.com  rodperson at rodperson.com

'Silence is a fence around wisdom'