Script randomly exits for seemingly no reason with strange traceback

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat Feb 4 12:06:14 EST 2012

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 10:32:25 -0600, Andrew Berg wrote:

>> Which version of Python, which version of Windows?
> I keep that information in my signature for every post I make to this
> list. CPython 3.2.2 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17640

Why so you do. Did you expect that people would read it? As a rule, sigs
fade into the background -- my mail client colours it grey, my news
client colours it light blue, and I generally don't even notice it.

The Zen of Python applies here: explicit is better than implicit.

>> If you upgrade Python, does the problem go away?
> I use the most recent stable version. It would be hard to say if the
> problem went away since it's rare and random AFAICT.

I suggest you raise an issue on the bug tracker. If you can't reproduce
the bug, it's unlikely to be fixed, but you might get lucky.

--
Steven