Common LISP-style closures with Python

Arnaud Delobelle arnodel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 05:58:49 EST 2012

On 4 February 2012 10:14, Antti J Ylikoski <antti.ylikoski at tkk.fi> wrote:
> On 4.2.2012 4:47, Chris Rebert wrote:
>> Out of curiosity, what would be non-Common-Lisp-style closures?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Chris
>

> I understand that a "closure" is something which is typical of functional
> programming languages.  -- Scheme-style closures, for example.
>
> I don't know Haskell, ML etc. but I do suspect that we could create closures
> in those languages as well.  Maybe someone more expert than me can help?

I think what Chris asking is: what is the feature of Common-Lisp
closures that Python closures share but other languages don't?

I think what he is implying is that there is no such feature.  Python
closures are no more "Common-Lisp-style" than they are "Scheme-style"
or "Smalltalk-like" or any other language-like.

--
Arnaud