Script randomly exits for seemingly no reason with strange traceback

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 22:15:18 EST 2012

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Andrew Berg <bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a rare occurrence, but sometimes my script will terminate and I get
> this:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "C:\path\to\script\script.py", line 992, in <module>

Do you call on potentially-buggy external modules? I'd be curious to
see if this can happen if a module somehow sets an "error state" in
the interpreter, without actually raising an error - or,
alternatively, if a module has some kind of cleanup code that returns
failure. Unfortunately I don't have facilities for testing that, at
the moment.

ChrisA