Buffering in Wing and IDLE 3

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Feb 1 15:01:40 EST 2012

On 2/1/2012 10:17 AM, Franck Ditter wrote:

> I would prefer to use IDLE but as we are in France, the Python team
> does not seem to be aware that the ~ and others are not available
> on MacOS-X here (probably the same in Europe)...

We are quite aware of the problem but cannot directly do anything about
it as the problem is with tcl/tk and Apple. A couple of days ago, Kevin
Walzer wrote on an IDLE-sig post "I'm currently reviewing an updated
patch to address the problem. When I commit the patch, it will go into
both Tk's trunk and in the Cocoa 8.5 backport, and eventually be
available through ActiveState's distribution."

--
Terry Jan Reedy