unexpected behaviour playing with dynamic methods

Marc Aymerich glicerinu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 06:52:27 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm playing a bit with python dynamic methods and I came up with a
scenario that I don't understant. Considering the follow code:

# Declare a dummy class
class A(object):
    pass

# generate a dynamic method and insert it to A class
for name in ['a', 'b', 'c']:
    if name == 'b':
        @property
        def get_name(self):
            return name
        A.name = get_name

a_instance = A()
a_instance.name

# So far I exptect that a_instance.name  returns 'b', since it has
been created when name == 'b', but this is what actually returns:

>>> a_instance.name
'c'

just the last 'name' value.
What can I do in order to generate a method like this but that returns
'b' ? What is wrong in my understanding of this pice of code?

Thanks !!!
marc