Should I acquire lock for logging.Handler.flush()?

Fayaz Yusuf Khan fayaz.yusuf.khan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 02:23:37 EST 2012

I'm writing a custom logging Handler that sends emails through AWS Simple
Email Service using the boto library.
As there's a quota cap on how many (200) emails I can send within 24hrs, I
think I need to buffer my log messages from the emit() calls (Or is that a bad
idea?).
And I was reading the Handler documentation and was confused if I should call
the acquire() and release() methods from within a flush() call.
--
Fayaz Yusuf Khan
Cloud developer and architect