netCDF4 variable manipulation

Sheldon shejo284 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 15:37:22 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to read a netCDF4 variable from a file (no problem) and
then scale it before writing over the original variable in the file.

I'm using python 2.7 and the latest netCDF4 module. It's not that I
keep getting an error message but I want to do this without using for
loops and all the manuals seems to be skipping this task as if it is
never done. I'm new to python and coming over from matlab. Does anyone
know how to modify the netCDF4 variable in python and then write it
back without creating a new variable, or using for loops?

Appreciate the help,
/S