Naming convention for in-house modules (Newbie question)

HoneyMonster someone at someplace.invalid
Wed Feb 8 12:15:23 EST 2012

I am quite new to Python (2.7 on Linux), and have built a few modules
using wxPython/wxGlade for GUI elements and Psycopg2 for database access.
I adhere mostly to the PEP8 guidelines, and use Pylint to help with
quality control.

So far I have been *very* impressed. Due to Python's straightforwardness
and the wealth of documentation, results have been excellent.

Here is my question: I would like to start an in-house library of small
modules to import, for things like error handling/logging. That's easy
enough, but is there a recommended way of naming such modules? I am
concerned about avoiding name clashes with standard modules and site
packages.

Thanks.