ignore case only for a part of the regex?

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sun Dec 30 19:29:17 EST 2012

On 30Dec2012 12:32, Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:
| In article <mailman.1467.1356885520.29569.python-list at python.org>,
|  Vlastimil Brom <vlastimil.brom at gmail.com> wrote:
| > you may check the new regex implementation for python
| > http://pypi.python.org/pypi/regex
[...]
| I'm not sure I like the fuzzy matching stuff.  On the one hand, it can
| be useful.  On the other hand, people already complain about how
| difficult it can be to read regexes.  Once we add things like
| {i<=1,d<=1,s<=1,2i+2d+1s<=4} in the mix, it's going to be total line
| noise.

One might argue that people are not obliged to use the fuzzy matching
syntax (or any other part, really). It should be a matter of taste.
Of course, some people have bad taste:-)

However if you need fuzzy matching, it is very handy if there's a library to
hand that offers it.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Yes, sometimes Perl looks like line-noise to the uninitiated, but to the
seasoned Perl programmer, it looks like checksummed line-noise with a mission
in life.        - The Llama Book