Inserting Unicode chars in Entry widget

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 11:58:00 EST 2012

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 3:43 AM, Alan Graham <alan.l.graham at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Python experts,
>
> I want to insert Unicode chars in an Entry widget by pushing on buttons;
> one for each Unicode character I need. I have made the Unicode buttons.
> I just need a simple function that will send the Unicode character to
> the Entry widget.
> Is there a better approach?

What GUI toolkit are you using?

Whatever it is, there ought to be a simple method on the Entry widget
that inserts a character. Poke around with it and you'll probably find
it, though you may find it under a name you don't expect. (Happens a
lot. GTK calls something "sensitive" when the rest of the world calls
it "enabled".)

ChrisA