pickle module doens't work

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Sat Dec 29 00:41:26 EST 2012

Omer Korat <animus.partum.universum at gmail.com> wrote:

>So it means pickle doesn't ever save the object's values, only how it was created?

You say that as though there were a difference between the two.  There
isn't.  An object is just a dictionary of values.  If you set an object
member to a string, then that object's dictionary for that member name
contains a string.  It doesn't contain some alternative packed binary
representation of a string.

>Say I have a large object that requires a lot of time to train on data. It
>means pickle doesn't save its values, so you have to train it every time
>anew? Is there no way to save its trained values?

When you say "train on data", what do you mean?  If your training creates
computed data in other members, those members and their values should also
be saved in the pickle.
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.