Wrapping statements in Python in SPSS

alankrinsky at gmail.com alankrinsky at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 11:01:40 EST 2012

I am working with Python looping in SPSS. What are the limits for the

for var1, var2, var3 in zip(Variable1, Variable2, Variable3):

statement in the Python looping function within SPSS? I am getting an error message, I presume because of wrapping or length. Imagine the above statement, but expanded, as I am working with more than 28 variables in this loop, and even making the names really short is making the statement too long. Is it impossible to wrap and make this work? I know there are ways to wrap strings, including lists of variables, but here I have a statement/function.

Thank you for any help!

Alan