learning curve

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Dec 28 03:26:43 EST 2012

On 12/27/2012 8:20 PM, Verde Denim wrote:
> Just getting into Py coding and not understanding why this code doesn't
> seem to do anything -

Part of your 'learning curve' should be learning to write informative
subjects lines. The above says almost nothing. For this I suggest
"Problem with classes and tkinter". In this case, you specifically need
to add the tkinter startup code; check the example in the manual. If you
do add that, you code may run, but it may required advice with someone
with tkinter expertise (and interest) beyond mind.

Also, if you are just starting, I recommend you start with 3.3 unless
you have a good reason to start with an older version. (IE, you need to
use a third party library that only runs with 2.x.)

--
Terry Jan Reedy