Function Parameters

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Thu Dec 27 15:47:54 EST 2012

> Don't use kwargs for this.  List out the arguments in the function
> spec and give the optional ones reasonable defaults.

> I only use kwargs myself when the set of possible arguments is dynamic
> or unknown.

Gotch ya, but when the inputs to some keywords are similar, if the function is called
with two of three (which is valid) and the arg name isn't used, the assignment is order
dependent and arbitrary in a sense and I can not distinguish.

It would be nice if you could force the keyword to be mandatory to forgo the assumption
in assignment like kwargs provides with gets. I suppose all the time wasted here is in vain
as the caller could blunder elsewhere...

Thanks,
jlc