Creating an iterator in a class

TommyVee xxxxxxxx at xxxxxx.xxx
Thu Dec 27 10:34:13 EST 2012

"Joseph L. Casale"  wrote in message
news:mailman.1346.1356619576.29569.python-list at python.org...

I am writing a class to provide a db backed configuration for an
application.

In my programs code, I import the class and pass the ODBC params to the
class for its __init__ to instantiate a connection.

I would like to create a function to generically access a table and provide
an
iterator. How does one create a function in a class that takes an argument
and
returns an iterator? I saw some examples where the class gets instantiated
with the table defined but I was hoping not to do this so I could continue
access various tables through one connection/cursor.

Thanks!
jlc=

Python makes it easy.  Read up on "Generators", and the "yield" statement.
Works very elegantly with a "for ... in" loop.