[Help] [Newbie] Require help migrating from Perl to Python 2.7 (namespaces)

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 13:58:08 EST 2012

On 12/25/2012 04:42 PM, Rick Johnson wrote:
> With that accurate definition in mind you can now understand how
> Python classes CAN and DO have variables, just as Python modules have
> variables; psst: they're called "global variables"!

Nice ascii graphic, but citation needed.  What CS text book are you
quoting from?

> Now, whilst i don't believe we should haphazardly re-define the
> definition of CS terms (or worse, re-invent the wheel by inventing
> new terms when perfectly good terms exist) I DO believe we should
> interpret these terms in their current context.

Good to have you back, Rick.  I think.  Sounds like you need to go back
and review your computer language theory CS class that you took in
University if you want to appeal to authority and definitions.  I was
taught very clearly what Dennis articulated.  We spent about 2 weeks
going over the difference between variables, names of variables,
binding, and passing.  And implementing everything in Scheme.  Good
days.  And we reviewed that again in my computer algorithms class.