Python, email temperature

Alexander Ranstam ranstam at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 15:36:41 EST 2012

Hi!

Im totally new to Python, and im using it on my Raspberry pi. I found a program that sends an email, and one that checks the temperature of my CPU, but i cant seem to combine the to into the funktion that i want, sending me the CPU temp via Email.

The two programs work very well on their own, but this doesnt work.

this works: server.sendmail(fromaddr, toaddrs, msg)
but this doesnt: server.sendmail(fromaddr, toaddrs, cpu_temperature)

despite the command "print cputemp" working in the same program.

When i run the program i get the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sendcpu.py", line 36, in <module>
    msg = cpu_temperature
NameError: name 'cpu_temperature' is not defined

Does anyone know why the program claims that cpu_temperature isnt defined, when it is?

Thanx!

//Alexander