Brython - Python in the browser

Pierre Quentel pierre.quentel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 11:16:28 EST 2012

> <= is a comparison expression operator, which is completely different.
> It is just wrong for this usage. I am 99.9% sure you will come to regret
> it eventually. Better to make the change now than in Brython2 or Brython3.

I am 99.99% sure of the contrary, having used this syntax for more than 3 years now, as the users of the Karrigell framework with the HTMLTags module

Another point why there is no possible confusion is that when <= is a comparison operator, it is never used in an standalone expression like "a <= b", with the left term of the comparison starting the line ; it is always used in an expression like "if x <= 10", "while x <= 5", "assert x <= 0", "return foo <= bar" etc.

So when you see a line like

doc <= DIV('hello')

it should be obvious that you are not *comparing* doc and DIV('hello'), because if it was the case, the line would do nothing