Strange effect with import

Jens Thoms Toerring jt at toerring.de
Fri Dec 21 10:52:17 EST 2012

Hans Mulder <hansmu at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Maybe something like this:

> class ReqHandler(SocketServer.BaseRequestHandler):
>     def __init__(self, request, client_address, server, ham, spam)
>         super(SocketServer, self).__init__(
>                             self, request, client_address, server)
>         self.ham = ham
>         self.spam = spam

The only thing I had to change about this was to assign the
additional class variables before calling super() because in
the __init__() method of the base class my overloaded handle()
method is already called which needs those extra variables.

> And later:

> import functools

> server = SocketServer.TCPServer((192.168.1.10, 12345),
>            functools.partial(ReqHandler, ham="hello", spam=42))

Thanks a lot, that's now all working perfectly well and I got
rid of those pesky global variables;-) Probably the guys that
wrote the SocketServer module indeed didn't expect people as
dense as me to use their module and thus didn't mention that
passing additional information to a handler object can be done
this way...
                          Best regards, Jens
  \   Jens Thoms Toerring  ___      jt at toerring.de