Question regarding mod_python and a script for web.

John Pennington johnpen1 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 20 20:10:06 EST 2012

Hi Everyone,
I'm a linux admin that was tasked by his python programming boss to solve a problem my boss is having with a web form he wrote on our site. Unfortunately for me, I lack any experience whatsoever with python and very little with programming on the web, so my hope is someone can point me in the right direction for solving this.
Basically, the problem is this. we have a webform that collects data  such as, NAME, SSN, EMAIL Address etc.. when the user hits submit,
the  uri posts to the query string like the folllowing:
https://test.uchast.com/admit/supp.py?fname=john&lname=fenn&mi=ted&ssn=123456789&ssn_confirm=123456789&phone=412-658-3178&email=jojo%40uc.com&alt_email=jojo12%40yahoo.com&lsacid=&grad_date=May-2013&program=JD&step=2
Which is bad as we are are going to be collecting data like Social Security numbers.
We are using mod_python
WSGIScriptAlias /myapp /var/www/html/admit/index.pyRewriteEngine OnRewriteRule ^/admit https://test.uchast.com/admit<Directory /var/www/html/admit>Order deny,allowAllow from allSSLRequireSSLDirectoryIndex index.py
AddHandler mod_python .pyPythonHandler mod_python.cgihandler
###PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
PythonDebug On</Directory>
Does anyone have an idea how to make sure a python script doesn't put the data in the query string? Am I even making sense? Any all help would be greatly appreciated because as I mentioned I'm as new as it gets.
Thanks,
John