Why does os.stat() tell me that my file-group has no members?

Kushal Kumaran kushal.kumaran+python at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 02:16:55 EST 2012

saqib.ali.75 at gmail.com writes:

> Thanks!! This was very helpful. It worked perfectly.
> I had no clue about the intricacies of how python represents the group data from the underlying OS.
>
> This page doesn't go into to detailed explanation like you did: http://docs.python.org/2/library/grp.html

That's mostly because it represents the group data almost exactly as the
underlying OS, including using the same structure member names as
defined in pwd.h.  The unix-specific modules often assume the user is
familiar with the underlying library calls and data structures, and is
looking for a way to use them from python.

--
regards,
kushal