Virtualenv loses context

rhythmicdevil at gmail.com rhythmicdevil at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 10:06:11 EST 2012

So I reinstalled the virtualenv for my project from scratch. Application runs as expected. Here are the notes that I took while installing. Interestingly the command 'python -m site' produces no output now. Notice that before I reinstalled the virtualenv I got a bunch of paths from that command. I am going to reboot my machine to see if that does something. (must be used to windows)

[swright at localhost workspace]$ virtualenv botnet_etl
New python executable in botnet_etl/bin/python
Installing setuptools............done.
Installing pip...............done.

[swright at localhost workspace]$ cd botnet_etl/
[swright at localhost botnet_etl]$ source bin/activate
(botnet_etl)[swright at localhost botnet_etl]$

(botnet_etl)[swright at localhost botnet_etl]$ python -m site
(botnet_etl)[swright at localhost botnet_etl]$

(botnet_etl)[swright at localhost botnet_etl]$ pip install -r stable-req.txt
--- lots of text follows this for compiling and installing

Install M2Crypto manually:
Installed /home/swright/workspace/botnet_etl/lib/python2.6/site-packages/M2Crypto-0.21.1-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg
Processing dependencies for M2Crypto==0.21.1
Finished processing dependencies for M2Crypto==0.21.1

Install PySVN manually:
(botnet_etl)[swright at localhost M2Crypto]$ cp -r ~/.virtualenvs/myvirtualenv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pysvn ~/workspace/botnet_etl/lib/python2.6/site-packages/.