I need help with graphs in python (2.7.3.1)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Dec 18 11:43:17 EST 2012

On 12/18/2012 6:29 AM, hevymetl07 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi there, I hope that there is someone willing to help me out, I need
> to generate a graph in Python 2.7.3.1,

There is only 2.7.3, no 2.7.3.1, at least not officially.

> I had to make a .CSV file from my Windows system logs (already did
> that), and the following steps must bw written in the form of a
> Python 2.7.3.1 script.
>
> These are some steps I need to do first before creating the graph: -
> Get the name of a CSV file from an ini file, - Next, read a line from
> this CSV file, - Increase a variable depending on the Log level
> (information, warning, error, critical), - Read the next line, - Then
> I need to print these results in a Graph.

It sounds like your data consist of 4 counts. If so, you can easily make
a simple bar plot with characters

Log level  Number  Plot (x = 10)
infomation    386  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
warning        97  xxxxxxxxxx
error           5  x
critical       23  xxx

The main problem is to compute the scaling factor from the data.
You also have to decide on the rounding (I rounded up).

--
Terry Jan Reedy