py2exe is on Sourceforge list of top growth projects

Frank Millman frank at chagford.com
Tue Dec 18 01:52:26 EST 2012

This is from Sourceforge's monthly update -

<quote>

Top Growth Projects

We're always on the lookout for projects that might be doing interesting
things, and a surge in downloads is one of many metrics that we look at
to identify them. Here's the projects that had the greatest growth in
the last month.

[...]

py2exe: A distutils extension to create standalone Windows programs from
python scripts.

</quote>

It is 19th on a list of 19, but still, it is nice to see. I wonder if
there was any particular reason for that?

Frank Millman