os.system and subprocess odd behavior

py_genetic conor.robinson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 11:39:15 EST 2012

Thanks for verifying this for me Steven.  I'm glad you are seeing it work.  It's really the strangest thing.

The issue seems to be with the " > outfile.txt" portion of the command.

The actual command is running a query on a verticalDB and dumping the result.  The EXACT command run from the command line runs just fine.

Even if I use the simple cat command to and out file as just a simple test case...  The file is created with zero bytes (see below)... but its as if python moves on or gets an 0 exit code after the first part of the cmd is executed  and no data is written.

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root        0 Dec 14 15:33 QUAD_12142012203251.TXT

Any thoughts as to why on my end this may happen?

Thanks again!