python-daemon

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 01:16:46 EST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 9:18 AM,  <rurpy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, December 16, 2012 1:25:51 PM UTC-7, Chris Angelico wrote:
>>[...]
>> If your post is swallowed by someone's twit filter, that probably
>> means that you're doing something twittish. Switching to direct mail
>> isn't going to win you any friends :) Switching your newsgroup client,
>> however, will have all the same benefits; so do you want to be a tool
>> of the anti-Google-Groups propaganda, or of the
>> anti-anti-Google-Groups propaganda?
>
> The contents of a twit filter can be just as good an indication
> of a twit reader as a twit poster.
>
> And as was pointed out the last time this subject came up, no,
> other clients do not "have all the same benefits" [as GG].
>
> Rather than continue this twit-for-twat noise I've tried to
> provide something a little more constructive at
>
>   http://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython

All you've said is the exact same things that have already been said,
including that not everyone will see your post if you use Google
Groups. Why use something that unnecessarily restricts your audience,
when non-restrictive posting methods work just fine?

Anyway. This debate isn't going away; I have no strong side in it, I'm
just informing people of the fact that posting from GG will reduce
your potential response sources.

ChrisA