Unicode

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Dec 17 01:06:45 EST 2012

On Sun, 16 Dec 2012 22:10:37 +0100, Anatoli Hristov wrote:

> If I dont use UTF-8 it inserts the data into the DB  but some French
> char. are not correctly decoded. Could you please help me ?

What happens when you do use UTF-8?

What do you mean, "use UTF-8"?

To learn about Unicode, start here:

If that helps you solve the problem, excellent. If not, please come back
with your questions, but first read this:

http://www.sscce.org/

As given, we cannot answer your question easily, or at all, because we
cannot run your code. It gives indentation errors, you don't tell us what
modules you're using, and you haven't reduced the example down to the
critical parts that demonstrate the failure.

--
Steven